THE EASIEST, MOST POWERFUL SYSTEM AVAILABLE FOR DESIGN AND PRINTING OF LABELS AND BAR CODES EASYLABEL 5 is the newest addition to the product line of bar code labeling software offered by Tharo Systems, Inc.
Designed with the user in mind, EASYLABEL 5 was derived from a comprehensive list of requests and suggestions from our customers. The idea was to take the stability, reliability and functionality of the current EASYLABEL products and implement a new, sleek and intuitive design to give EASYLABEL 5 a more Windows-like appearance. Basically, if you are familiar with today's office applications, then you will feel very comfortable with EASYLABEL 5. Not only has the graphical user interface (GUI) changed, we've added many new and exciting features such as a Format Browser that makes finding specific fields much easier, an EAN/UCC-128 Wizard, an FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance toolkit, and the ability to design and print Multi-Lingual Hazardous Chemical labels. There was also a significant enhancement made to the database functionality. EASYLABEL 5 has an internal database editor that gives you the freedom to view and edit most any database from inside EASYLABEL 5!
EASYLABEL 5 IS BETTER
Simply stated, EASYLABEL 5 is easier. Unlike the "bargain" packages, EASYLABEL 5 includes every conceivable method of making label design easy, fast and accurate. You don't have to be computer literate to fulfill complex labeling requirements. The goal of EASYLABEL 5 is to make you productive, successful, and more effective. Basically, it does all the hard work for you, so you don't have to. With the shortest learning curve in the industry, you'll be making labels faster with EASYLABEL 5 than with any other labeling software package available.
EasyTutor is a multimedia training companion to EASYLABEL 5. Its purpose is to help you gain a solid working knowledge of the features and functions of EASYLABEL 5 through movies and tutorials.
ONLY EASYLABEL 5 GIVES YOU THESE FEATURES
- Print Queue - Unlike other programs that use the Windows' Print Manager, EASYLABEL 5 features a unique Print Queue that gives you the ability to manage your label printing jobs like no other program! In a production situation, you can stage more than 200 print jobs and modify their priority for complete flexibility. Set up an entire day's production at the start of a shift! The Print Queue provides an accurate picture of your print job status by showing the number of labels yet to be printed. You can also save all non-printing jobs in the Print Queue for future use, even if you exit EASYLABEL 5. Only EASYLABEL 5 gives you these powerful features!
- Multitasking - You have the ability to custom design labels; modify the Print Queue; and manage your database records all while driving from 1-255 printers simultaneously from a single PC.
GREATER VERSATILITY FOR YOUR SPECIFIC APPLICATION
- EASYLABEL 5 was developed with features that solve your often complex requirements, with benefits like enhanced arithmetic capabilities, sell by dates, serial/consecutive numbering, thumbnail preview, and the availability of multiple languages.
- Arithmetic - Using field names, literal values and mathematical operators, you can create complex equations quickly and easily.
- Sell by Dates - Easily create sell by dates and date/time stamps for food and drug labeling.
- Serial/Consecutive Numbering - For production or shipping control as well as serialized plates and ID tags. EASYLABEL 5 supports incrementing and decrementing in numeric, alphabetic, alphanumeric, hexadecimal and octal. You can also create your own custom increment sequences for your proprietary numbering system.
- Thumbnail Preview - Allows you to view label formats, TrueType fonts and graphics giving you the ability to quickly and easily create and edit labels.
- Languages - EASYLABEL 5 is available in English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
ADVANCED DATABASE FUNCTIONS
- EASYLABEL 5 supports Microsoft?s ActiveX? Data Objects (ADO). The ADO database client provides you with the fastest, easiest and most productive means for accessing all kinds of data sources including relational and non-relational databases.
- Using the ADO database client in EASYLABEL 5, you can connect to external databases such as Oracle?, Informix?, Paradox?, Btrieve?, Microsoft Access?, AS/400?, or any other database for which a driver or provider exists. ADO even allows you to access your non-relational databases.
- Databaseview is a new database editor that has been incorporated into EASYLABEL 5. This new editor natively supports the Microsoft Access? structure allowing you to edit and create Access databases from within EASYLABEL 5. With the appropriate drivers you can view and edit almost any database structure including dBASE?, Paradox?, and Microsoft FoxPro?, as well as many popular spreadsheet and text formats.
- dBASE? II, III, III+, IV and ASCII text files from another computer system can be read directly as a Source of Data for label printing. When using our internal database, you have the ability to retrieve any record in less than two seconds!
- EASYLABEL 5 now provides you with the tools to design the most complicated chemical labels with certainty. If your task includes placing localized Risk and Safety phrases on your labels, EASYLABEL 5?s Database Cross Reference function will help you accomplish this. Using Database Cross Reference you are able to not only pull in data from one database but from a second, third or more. Database Cross Reference acts as a pointer that directs EASYLABEL to the database where the data is stored.
- By using EASYLABEL 5 you can connect to MRP II (Manufacturing Resource Planning ), ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and BAAN, as well as MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems).
- Reserved words such as, FMTNAME can be used to perform special functions to lower overall error rates. FMTNAME allows you to designate a specific format to be used with a database record, preventing incorrect formats from being printed.
POWERFUL PROGRAMMING FLEXIBILITY
- ActiveX controls - Allow you to seamlessly integrate EASYLABEL 5 with many Windows applications. With this technology you have the ability to trigger printing through EASYLABEL 5, while working in an accounting, database, or other Windows application. Users are working with applications they are already familiar with, and you SAVE TIME and MONEY because no additional training is needed!
- Command File Monitoring - Provides seamless integration of printing labels in real time, automatically from another computer system. With EASYLABEL 5's Command File Monitoring, you have the ability to easily pass variable data to populate fields on the label. Printing can be triggered from an AS/400, mainframe, UNIX or host system.
ADVANCED LABEL DESIGN
- EASYLABEL 5 was developed to enhance and speed up your label design tasks. Our 'ruler' on the design screen speeds up format layout. Functions like on-screen stretching, resizing of fields, extended crosshairs, snap togrid, multiple zoom levels and support for TrueType fonts (including the ability to adjust height and width of TrueType fonts independently) allow you to design, test print, proof and print labels faster and better than ever.
- EASYLABEL 5's new Graphical User Interface (GUI) employs a new, sleek and intuitive design that anyone familiar with today's office applications will feel right at home using.
- The appearance of EASYLABEL 5 can be changed to suit the requirements of individual users by customizing which colors are used in the program, and which toolbars are displayed. Program icons can be large or small and you have the option to display dialog boxes either tabbed or as a single style sheet.
- EASYLABEL 5's new Format Browser allows you to keep track of the fields that exist on a format. The fields can be located through an expandable 'tree' structure where they are grouped by Field Type, Data Source, Conditional fields, Increment/Decrement fields, Hidden/Phantom fields, and TrueType/Device fonts.
- Block Text - Is a new field type that has been added to EASYLABEL 5. Block Text is similar to a paragraph field but the contents of the field may come from more than one source of data. This can be used to populate a field with multiple Risk and Safety phrases.
- Field properties are displayed logically by using tabbed property sheets. Similar options and features are grouped by tab to make finding the right one fast and easy.
- Slanted/Circular Text - Provides the user with the ability to print text fields in a slanted or circular orientation. This can be beneficial for round or curved labels.
- Shapes - Use circles, rectangles, lines, arrows and polygons to create unique and interesting label designs.
- Variable Graphic - Saves time by allowing you to define a format and bring in the correct graphic along with other database information.
- Undo - Make labels faster and easier with true time saving features like an Undo function to reverse the most recent editing or formatting actions.
- Paragraph - Multi-line fields can be defined so that information is read from a database record or from an external file. This is ideal for formats that require a lot of text, such as food ingredients, product descriptions, or hazardous material warning labels.
- Graphics - EASYLABEL 5 supports over 40 popular graphic formats including .bmp, .jpg, .tif, .pcx, and .wmf. EASYLABEL 5 gives you the ability to save a label format as a graphic file. The images of the formats can then be used for archival purposes or they can be reviewed and approved, even by someone that doesn't have EASYLABEL installed!
GAIN MORE CONTROL WITH EASYLABEL 5
- EASYLABEL 5 supports UNC (Universal Naming Convention) taking the guesswork out of printing to a network printer. This allows you to print to any printer that is shared on a network, either within the local network or from anywhere in the world.
- Use IP Printing (Internet Protocol) to print to a printer anywhere in the world, that is connected to a Print/Device server or Ethernet card, by using DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) or its IP address.
- Connect to multiple printers by using a multi-port serial interface card such as DigiCard or RocketPort. By using such devices, EASYLABEL 5 can support over 128 COM Ports from one PC!
- Users of previous versions of EASYLABEL can benefit from legacy support for Western Telematic Code Activated Switchboxes. These devices made printing to multiple printers from one PC possible before multi-port serial cards and print servers existed.
- Data Validation - Increase label accuracy, reduce human errors, labor costs and label waste by controlling operator entered data. Data can be verified before it is placed on the label.
- Customized Reports - Provide tighter control over your label production by printing reports that display information specific to label formats that have been edited or printed.
- Security - By assigning user names and passwords, you can gain greater control and security to restrict the accessibility to certain menu options, such as format editing and database manipulation.
- Print to File - Allows the user to capture printer commands to a file to be used as a tool to create custom programs.
- LABELCOM Program - Allows printing to be triggered by an external serial communications device such as a bar code scanner or scale. A System Integrator's dream!
- Field Upgradeable - EASYLABEL 5 can now be upgraded in the field, (or have users added in EASYLABEL 5 Multi-User) through Remote Programming. Remote Programming is accomplished by exchanging encrypted data files. These data files can be exchanged by any medium such as diskette or E-mail. The upgraded software can be used immediately after the Remote Programming process.
COMPLIANCE LABELING AND ADVANCED BAR CODE FEATURES
- To our knowledge, there is no specification in the world with which EASYLABEL 5 does not comply. The following represents just a few compliance applications. If you have any questions regarding your own compliance spec, call your EASYLABEL 5 Reseller or Tharo Systems for more information.
- Creating an EAN/UCC 128 bar code has never been easier! EASYLABEL 5's new EAN/UCC-128 Wizard makes creating EAN/UCC-128 bar codes a simple 4-step process. The Wizard prompts you for the required information and then builds the bar code automatically! You even have the capability to create codes with multiple Application Identifiers. Placing EAN/UCC-14s and SSCC-18s on your label is now a SNAP!
- With updated User Sign-on and Password options, New User Logging Options, and Audit Trail Options EASYLABEL 5 provides you with all the tools to meet your FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance requirements.
- Provides for compliance with Health Care specifications by copying just the check digit from a previous bar code into a second bar code as a data field.
- Support for two-dimensional bar codes such as Aztec, Codablock, PDF417, Micro PDF417, MaxiCode, DataMatrix, QR Code, and RSS-14/Composite.
- Allows the user to select a specific check digit to include in the bar code, such as Mod 7, Mod 9, Mod 11, Mod 36, ABC Codabar, Mod 16, Mod 7 DSR or Weighted Mod 10 (2-1-2).
- Meets Automotive, Government and Health Care specifications, as well as Shipping Container Standards, for bar codes. Will meet all existing compliance labeling specifications including EAN/UCC-128.
- Complies with FDA ingredient labeling requirements and Department of Transportation, OSHA, and local governmental regulations for hazardous material warning labels and 'Right to Know'.
Please note that the specification of this software could change at any time and details here may not always be completely up to date.
Please tell us what you are looking for and leave the rest to us...
Albion Systems work to a strong environmental policy in there production of high quality labels and are truly committed to
offering our customers the choice to do the same.
view more >